Saturday, May 25, 2013

Like a Trusting Child

 Simplicity is one of the hallmarks of our Marist Spirituality.  Along the way we run into examples of it, such as in "little way" of St. Therese of Lisieux, but Jesus gives us the best formula for it:  "I say to you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it." (Mark 10: 15).  If I can allow myself to become like a little child in the arms of Jesus, trusting, asking questions without hesitation, and simply being loved by him, I will find the key to serenity, the energy I seek to follow him more closely and discover that I can do the impossible as Doug Larson,noted columnist, discovered in child like simplicity:  "Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."-  Child like simplicity lets us go to places where others have feared to tread.  Lord, help me to become like a little child.. 
Bro. Rene

-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment