Saturday, July 20, 2024

Our Hope

 

Matthew 12: 14-21 

14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

 God’s Chosen Servant

15 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. 16 He warned them not to tell others about him. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:

18 “Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
    the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
    and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
19 He will not quarrel or cry out;
    no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed he will not break,
    and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through to victory.
21 In his name the nations will put their hope.”

Each day we face new challenges and problems, from COVID's resurgence to massive and disruptive power outages, or to a lesser extent, but nevertheless annoying, a very SLOW internet connection eating up precious time.  Jesus had large crowds following him but also had enemies who were plotting to kill him. Not an easy nor comfortable spot to be in. But we see that he steadfastly "kept to the course", and through his sufferings accomplished his mission. What is my mission today? How will I carry it out?  Will I ask God for help or just push forward determined but disgruntled? How do I retain peace of mind and soul and at the same time remain faithful to today's call?  Do I really place my hope in Jesus?

Bro, Rene

Dear God, help me to find peace in doing YOUR WILL today by placing my hope in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment