Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Be Doers Of The Father's Will


 Events Images

  Mt 12:46-50

Jesus’ Mother and Brothers

46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

We learn from these few verses that we can be as much a part of the family of Jesus as were his own mother and relatives: by doing the will of the Father. "Aye, there's the rub." It's not going to happen by words or desires alone, but by action, by DOING God's will. We need to seek his will through our daily prayer and reflection on the Scriptures and on the events we face daily with our families, friends and co-workers. We don't live in isolation, but in a web of connections with others. With and through them may we find God's will and live our lives according to it.

Bro. Rene

Dear God, show me your will, help me to accomplish it as best I can, and become a member of your family. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment