Friday, July 26, 2024

Hearing, Understanding, Living

 

 Mt 13:18-23==images3

  Mt 13:18-23

Explanation of the Parable

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

The explanation of the parable is clear; the challenge is to hear, understand, accept and put its message into practice in my daily life. Do I stand on rocky ground, among the thorns of my own will and ambition, my fears, the greed that lurks in the depths of my heart, or whatever else interferes with a wholehearted reception of it?  There is always room for improvement, for purification, and re-setting of priorities. Again I say it: Time with the Lord in prayer for a pure heart, sincere and simple relationship, and the courage to stop, pick up and restart will help us produce a bumper crop as Jesus describes. Let's begin today!

Bro. Rene

Dear Jesus, count me in as one who hears your word, understands it and lives it. Help me where and when I fall short of the ideal. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment