Friday, March 15, 2013

We Need Mending

Try as we may to walk "the golden way" we find that day after day our flaws pop up and stare us in the face.  A simple mistake like taking a cell phone call that we think is an emergency during Mass, not only disturbs others but scandalizes them as well.  We ask ourselves afterwards, "Why did I do a stupid thing like that?"  The list goes on and gets blacker.  However, when we look to Jesus, "broken" and hanging on the cross, we realize that he has taken our brokenness with him: our broken hearts, minds, bodies and relationships, yes, even our "stupid mistakes."  They become his offering along with his own "brokenness" to the Father..
Reflecting further, we come to understand that were it not for our brokenness we would not need such a mender, fixer, healer, savior.  St. Paul writes, "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."  (2Cor 12:9). Not that we want to wallow in our sinfulness or mistakes, but rather come to look at them as doors to allow the saving grace of the cross to enter and become part of our lives.  We humbly acknowledge our need for Christ to mend our broken pieces and we put them into his healing hands.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment