Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Resistence to the Faith

While we might be appalled when we read criticism of believers who "in this day and age" still believe in a magical sky daddy", it remains true that in all ages there have been and will be people who resist the faith.  Jesus faced it in the synagogue in his own town:  "Where kind of wisdom has been given to a carpenter's son?"  (cf. Mk 6: 4-5)  Happily there are some contemporaries who have won respect in their fields of expertise who can stand up and defend their faith.  Russell Wilson, quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks is such a man, taking it on the chin for saying:
In terms of my legacy on the field I want to be considered a winner. That’s ultimately the goal in terms of playing quarterback is win, win.
In terms of my legacy off the field, I want to be a Christian man that helps lead and change lives and helps serve other people. It’s not about me, it’s not about me. It’s about helping other people. And that’s where I keep my focus more than anything.
Sports really comes last for me. Even though I love the game of football and I love watching film and all that, it’s going to end at some point.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment