Friday, October 8, 2010

Homecoming

Excitement fills the halls of our shortened "dress-down day",which will end with a Pep Rally to kick off Homecoming Weekend. The football game will be preceeded by student council tailgating at the stadium where alumni are expected to fill its seats. Following the anticipated victory, the Central Family will gather at Jocelyn's in Salem to celebrate, catch up on news and basque in Raider Pride. Anniversary classes will meet tomorrow and our students will dance away their Haunted Homecoming. Yes, it's a gala coming home, welcome home, returning to roots, reliving memories, and pumping up for the rest of the year. All good. Our history has shaped us and we must not let it fade away with time. We need to renew our connections to our past.
God has that same sense of continuity with us. "Everything that the Father give me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away, for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day." (Jn 6: 37-40). God does not want to lose us, but has given us in Jesus the means to take part in the Final Homecoming, not just a weekend but for eternity.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment