Monday, October 2, 2023

Precious Children

 

 Matthew 18: 1-5,10 

 The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven

18 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

As we celebrate the Memorial of the Guardian Angels, we reflect on the high regard Jesus had for children because of their humility, innocence, openness, trust, spontaneity and  loving hearts. No wonder Angels are assigned to them to protect them their entire lives. And so these angels are with us adults as well. Several times while driving, once through a stop sign I didn't see, my Angel saved me from what should have been a total broadside as the car on my right jammed on his brakes and stopped just short of my passenger side door. This happened just before I left for Rwanda; had he hit me, that whole chapter and beyond would not have happened. We all have stories like that.  Let us then take time today to express our gratitude to these faithful guardians.

Bro. Rene 

Dear God, thank you for Leo, my faithful Guardian Angel, who has saved me more than once. Thank you for all the Guardian Angels who watch over and protect us all from harm. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment