Friday, May 5, 2023

The Way To The Father

 

 John 14:1-6

Jesus Comforts His Disciples

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

How appropriate is this passage at a time when the powers of evil are rampant and seem to spread more widely every day, with threats of greater conflicts between the "great nations"; the lack of moral direction and lack of faith in so many; when traditional morals are being dumped or turned inside out.  What kind of world do we have today, and, gulp, what will it be like tomorrow? But Jesus tells us , "Do not let your hearts be troubled." Faith in him, Faith in the Father, following his teachings, following him who is THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. There is our answer. If each one of us made Jesus the focus, foundation and center of our lives, we could reverse the downward trend we see all around us. Let us take time today and every day to deepen our love of and commitment to Jesus and live his teachings, and in our corner of the world turn it back to him.

Bro Rene

Dear Jesus help me to put you as the focus and center of my life, for you are THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment