Monday, May 8, 2023

Love Brings Us Home

 

John 14:21-26

 The Advocate Will Teach Us

21 Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” 22 Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, “Master, [then] what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.

25 “I have told you this while I am with you. 26 The Advocate, the holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name—he will teach you everything and remind you of all that [I] told you.

Love is the basis and essence of our relationship with God. The keeping of the commandments is an act  of love; certainly a deep relationship with Jesus through prayer, meditation and service to others increases our love and draws God closer as he loves and reveals himself more and more to us.It is the Holy Spirit who teaches us how to love and who brings us home. Let us pray this day for a growing and deeper love of God, so that he truly is our Rock, our END ALL and BE ALL.

Bro. Rene

Dear God, I have said many times that I love you; never tire of hearing me repeat it; Give me the grace to love you with all my heart and being, and spread that love to others. Amen..

 


No comments:

Post a Comment