Thursday, May 11, 2023

Love Me As I Have Loved You


 John 15:9-11

Remain In My Love

 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

In these three verses we have the formula for a lifetime of peace and happiness.  It's no surprise that LOVE is proposed as the key to and foundation of a happy life, for GOD IS LOVE and his greatest desire is to fill us, embrace us, shelter us in that love.  He wants us to know we are lovable and not only capable of receiving his love, but of sharing it with others. Is this a great mystery? Are not the four Gospels an explanation and demonstration of his love? Let us spend time with this short passage, let it sink in, pray that we live it, and find the complete joy promised to us. 

Bro. Rene

Dear God, thank you for your love; help me keep your commands so that I might find life and happiness in your love and help others to do so as well. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment