Monday, May 22, 2023

Jesus Comforts And Strengthens

 

John 16:29-33

Take Heart

29 Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. 30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”

31 “Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. 32 “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world." (Jn 16:33).  How right Jesus was about the troubles we face in this world.  We in our own lives constantly experience tugs and pulls that stretch us to our limits, if not beyond.  A look at our world gives an even grimmer picture. With Jesus and his victory over "the world", we have the assurance that we can make it thought whatever we are facing today and in the days ahead. The key is to remain united to Jesus through daily prayer, time set apart in reflection and meditation, as well as "little prayer pauses" throughout the course of the day....little conversations with Jesus, as with our best friend...words of thanks, or requests for guidance.  He is with us; let us take heart and call on him.  He will not let us down.

Bro. Rene 

Dear Jesus, thank you for accompanying me through each day with its challenges as well as with its good moments.  Help me to keep you with me and to find my strength and comfort in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment