Saturday, May 1, 2021

Whatever You Ask

 John 7: 7-14

Jesus and the Father Are One

If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

May Day!  A military call for help.  Also, May Day, the Memorial of St. Joseph the Worker, and the International Religious Brothers Day, and the beginning of the Month of Mary. A plateful, along with the consoling words of Jesus underscoring his relationship with the Father who works through Jesus to accomplish his work, makes himself known to us, and makes the astounding promise that whatever we ask, he will grant. What a powerful day this is! And, if the sun is shining, so much the better! Can we be in a better place?  Jesus is with us, he offers his Father and his foster Father, to us and honors (though the Church) those who have dedicated their lives as brothers, educators or health care givers, to make his Presence visible.  A day for gratitude and a day to renew our confidence in God's loving care.  May we share in the silent strength of St. Joseph to be brothers and sisters to one another, no matter what the cost.

Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment