Friday, April 30, 2021

I Am The Way

John 14: 1-6

Jesus Comforts His Disciples

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

This comforting passage from St. John is quoted time and time again.  No wonder, it sums up all that is needed to be a disciple:  Put Jesus First, put all our marbles in his basket, have faith in him, trust him.  We repeat this formula over and over, but still fall short of living it. It helps to keep praying with it and over it, asking God for the grace to live it and focusing our attention to it during the day.  Stop what you are doing at 11 am and pray: Jesus, you are the way, the truth and the life.  Am I keeping aware of that as I pursue my work?  As you drive home later today, repeat the verse.  As you prepare for sleep tonight, look back and see if Jesus was at the center of this day, and, if not, pledge to try again tomorrow to give him his proper place,  the first place!

Bro, Rene

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment