Wednesday, April 28, 2021

The Light of the World

 John 12:44-50

Faithful To God's Command

44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Sometimes it appears that the darkness is overpowering the light: headlines of mass shootings, prominent people stealing or cheating, political slings and arrows, depression, discouragement.  Every era has the same dark clouds, but yet time marches on and we somehow manage to keep a bit of light shining. The real light, however, comes from Jesus.  His fidelity to the Father, his trust in him, his confidence that despite the obstacles...and he had many all along the way....he put his trust in the Father and invites us to do the same.  May our faithfulness to God's plan, God's command, bring light to our world.

Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment