Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Promise Of Eternal Life

As we move further into John, chapter 6, we get a clearer understanding of the "Bread of Life" and the commitment of Jesus to the Will of his Father, "I am the Bread of Life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and  whoever believes in me will never thirst" (Jn 6:35).  In addition, Jesus assures us that he will not reject anyone who comes to him.  "Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day." (Jn 6: 37-39).  As Jesus hungers and thirsts for us, may our hunger  and thirst for him who comes to us in the Word and the Holy Eucharist,  and may we  learn to leave our wills aside, seeking only to do the will of our Father.  May we be among those Jesus does not lose, but saves, so that we may be among those raised to eternal life, which begins here and reaches its fullness beyond the grave.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment