Sunday, December 9, 2018

Preparing Our Hearts

John the Baptist appears on the scene this second Sunday of Advent, urging up to "prepare the way of the Lord and make straight his paths." (Lk 3:4). John certainly "walked his talk," proclaiming a baptism of repentance and washing penitents clean in the waters of the Jordan.  His fierce urgency reaches us even today, lest we waist any of the remaining time of preparation for Christmas.  We find time to shop, send cards, decorate. bake, attend Christmas parties and concerts, but is there time for those quiet moments when we can hear Jesus say, "I love you..This is why I came, and I would have done so if you were the only human on this planet, so great is my love for you.  Will you let me into your heart, let me touch and soothe it?  Just give me some of "your" time, and I will change your life.  I thirst for you; let me drink of your goodness and beauty. I'm waiting for you."?
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment