Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Waiting In Patience

Note:  There are two slices of Daily Bread today...I missed the deadline by seconds yesterday, the Solemnity of St. Joseph, of all days. Read below today's slice.

As the Hebrews wandered in the desert for 40 years, yes, they became weary and succumbed to complaining and whining to Moses:  "Why have you brought us up from Egypt to die in this desert, where there is no food or water?  We are disgusted with this wretched food." (Num 21:5).
In this fifth week of Lent, we might be asking similar questions:  "What good have I accomplished with all this extra praying, sacrificing, fasting and almsgiving?  I feel as dry as the desert, I'm weary of Winter, the cold, the snow, the shoveling.  Nothing stirs me.  I need Spring and sunshine, etc. etc."
Psalm 102 might give us some peace and help us to bear Lent in peace and with patience.
O Lord, her my prayer,
and let my cry come to you.
The Lord looked down from his holy height,
from heaven he beheld the earth,
To hear the groaning of the prisoners,
to release those doomed to die.
Of old you laid the earth's foundations;
the heavens are the work of your hands.
They perish, but you remain
they all wear out like a garment;
they are changed,
but you are the same, your years have no end.
May the children of your servants live on;
may their descendants live in your presence.   (Ps 102: 2, 20-21, 26-29)
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment