Sunday, November 5, 2017

"Whoever Feeds On Me"

Today's Gospel again advocate humility and will reach a wider audience because of Sunday Mass attendance.  Jesus speaks of servant leadership, "The greatest among you must be your servant." (Mt 23:11).  Leaders with this quality appeal to us and are the most effective, for the lead by example more than by word.  How do they get that way? They take to heart the example of Jesus, himself the greatest Servant Leader.  "Just as the living Father sent me/ and I have life because of the Father,/ so whoever feeds on me shallhave life because of me."  (Jn 6: 58).  Jesus is speaking of himself as the Bread of Life in St. John's Eucharistic discourse in Chapter 6, but we can alse read it with the idea, of yes, the more I feed in Jesus, follow his teachings, observe his ways, spend time with him, the more I will feed myself on who he is and the more I will grow to be like him.
As we receive the Eucharist today, may we be filled with the Essence of Jesus and become stronger, more confident, more humble and more like him.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment