Thursday, November 2, 2017

"Hope Does Not Disappoint"

St. Paul tells us today that "hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us." (Rm 5:5). Jesus assures us that "Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. 
And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it up on the last day."
(Jn 6: 37-39). 
This is why we pray ardently today, All Souls Day, for those whose journey to heaven is not yet finished as they await our prayers and the purifying effect of being temporarily separated from complete union with God.  They will not be "lost", but eventually will enjoy heavenly bliss.  Let us pray with hope and confidence that our prayers for the souls of the faithful departed will be heard.
And let us continue these prayers the whole month of November, which is dedicated to them.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment