Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Guardian Angel Story

"For to his angels he has given command about you,
that they guard you in all your ways." (Ps 91: 11).  People might not take this literally, but to this writer with a lifetime of such stories, this is exactly what the angels assigned to us, our guardian angels, do. The latest episode:
Two days ago,I had to drive to Boston's South Station to pick up a friend coming in on Amtrak at 3:45 pm, just as "Rush Hour" would be sliding into high gear.  I dreaded the thought of entering the fray to a destination I had been two only once before, two years ago,when it was a nightmare not only to find South Station, but also a place to park. I began talking to my Guardian Angel, Leo, as I headed for Boston, and prayed to him at every turn, right or wrong, to lead me to South Station and protect me from causing an accident. And so it unfolded thusly:   As it turned out this time, I did not need to park, because I missed the exit in the tunnel and was a couple of blocks away from the station (as it turned out) when I came from underground.  I had no idea where to turn or where the station was, and traffic was heavy. I sought more guidance from Leo and I managed to ask pedestrians for directions, but got yelled at twice, "What the h...are you doing?" and almost ran over a lady as I was asking another where to go. My cell phone was useless, since I must have been out of a service area. I had only Leo to help me.  I did hear my party say he was on Atlantic Avenue, but I was on another street right around the corner.  I could not communicate this to him, so I managed to get to his location in a "right turn only lane," in which there were no cars for the longest time, enough for him to run with his bags to the car and eventually hop in. His train had arrived 20 minutes late, so he wasn't waiting very long.  We turned the corner and right away a left hand turn at the next block took us to I-93 North. I was surprised that we found it so easily. Thank you, Leo!  Usually at 5 pm, traffic is at a standstill on this main north/south interstate, but that day, we moved at a moderate to fast speed, quite unbelievable.  Yet it was happening, and only when close to home did we hit a little congestion, but nothing more.   Leo again had guided the way, and made sure I accomplished this mission and can thus vouch for the presence of those who "guard us in all our ways."
Bro. Rene

Note:  I'll be visiting in Wheeling, West Virginia till Tuesday....limited internet access...I have to use the public library, so only expect an occasional slice of bread till Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment