Tuesday, May 24, 2022

To Our Advantage

(Note: we may be on track for a regular posting at 10 am-ish, I hope!)

 John 16: 5-11

The Work of the Holy Spirit

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

We often wonder why we go through "hard times" or face strings of obstacles, one after another.  "Why me?, Lord?"   The Apostles wondered why Jesus had to leave them, so close had they come to him, not only as his disciples, but as his friends.  We can imagine their sadness, even dread or fear of a life without him.  We know this feeling when we move from one place to another or one phase of our life to another.  We experience a "heaviness" that's hard to explain.  Jesus knows this about our human nature, and assures us, and provides a "BUFFER"..., the BUFFER OF ALL BUFFERS, the Holy Spirit. Always he takes care of us...Let's remember that when we find ourselves in the "dark cloud."  As always, ALL SHALL BE WELL!

Bro.Rene

 

No comments:

Post a Comment