Monday, May 9, 2022

Seeing Is Not Always Believing

 

 John 10: 22-30

Jesus Is Rejected by the Jews 

22 At that time the Festival of the Dedication took place in Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the portico of Solomon. 24 So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus answered, “I have told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name testify to me, 26 but you do not believe because you do not belong to my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, in regard to what he has given me, is greater than all,and no one can snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.” 

Reading  this passage, don't we want to believe and be part of the flock that follows Jesus, the sheep that hear his voice and who are known by him? There's comfort, security and the promise of eternal life for them, for us.  Why would we balk, ignore ore even actively fight against becoming part of the flock?   Our Fallen nature? The devil's grasp on us? Our  stupidity?  Whatever it is, it just isn't right. We place our own "intelligence" above God's.  As Jesus said, he had told them many times and worked wonders before their eyes, but still they refused to believe. We might have tendencies to be that way, but Jesus never ceases to invite us to change and to comply. It's time to respond and get on board with Jesus.  Just Do It!

Bro. Rene.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment