Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Complete Joy

Image result for John 15 9=11. Size: 170 x 170. Source: www.pinterest.com

John 15: 9-11

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Complete Joy is not in things, talents, friends, travel nor money, but in loving and being loved by God. Jesus explains how this is done:: by keeping the commandments.  We have found, however, keeping the commandments is not easy; it is try,  try,, try again, before we succeed.  We grow stronger by living with and eventually overcoming our weaknesses and failures. and move toward clarity of vision:  who God is who we are and what God expects of us. It's a humbling but fulfilling journey but the important thing is to remember that God's love and God's joy are his GIFT TO US. May we not spoil things by thinking and acting as if we deserve it or can achieve it on our ow.n. "Come, O Holy Spirit,  en kindle in us the fire of  thy love."

Bro. Rene 

No comments:

Post a Comment