Monday, May 16, 2022

The Peace Of Christ

John 14: 27-31   

Peace I leave with you...

 2Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 28 You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, 31 but I do as the .Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from her.

Knowing how upset the Apostles would be, Jesus goes out of his way to gift them with HIS peace.  He takes the time to explain why he must return to his Father where he rightfully belongs. He teaches them the value of obedience to the Father, and teaches us that same lesson.  We tend to want to cling to what we know and hesitate when facing the unknown.  How would we feel ":losing" Jesus after almost three years of close friendship with him?  We'd feel a pang of sorrow, as we do when we are separated from our best  fiend. However, we survive and are stronger after the separation...   So too with Jesus;  in "losing him" we gain strength and peace  to do the work he has called us to do.  And  the bonus is that he IS still with us..through the Holy Spirit!  We need to grow in faith and trust that there is nothing to fear, for Jesus knows best.

Bro.Rene.


No comments:

Post a Comment