Saturday, May 7, 2022

Listen to His Voice

 (Note:  a wonderful surprise to read today's post today! Trying for two in a row. )


 John  10: 27-30

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Again the sheep and the Shepherd, an image that spoke so clearly to the people of Palestine, all of whom could relate to the ever-present sheep and shepherds, as we would to cars and drivers. People knew how sheep would grow accustomed to their shepherd's voice and how the shepherd knew each one of his  sheep, even to calling them by the name he had given them. The sheep felt secure in the care of such a loving,shepherd who knew and protected them.   

As brief as these three verses are, they give a consoling image of God's tender love for us and his unfailing protection.. We need to work on building our confidence in God by listening more attentively to his voice speaking in our hearts.  We can do this by sitting silently with this passage and letting it sink in, uttering no words vocally or silently but simply LISTENING to God speak and even nudge us.  Be aware of his presence, then thank him as you conclude your prayer. 

"Be still and know that I am God." (Ps 46: 10)

Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment