Wednesday, May 15, 2019

As The Father Tells Us

We all seem to be "Searchers".  Why was I put on this earth?  What is the plan of God for me?  Is God calling me to do some special work?  If so, what is it?  Why does he delay in making it known to me?  I'd do whatever he asks, if he would just hurry up and tell me!  I want to get going on it while I still have the skill and energy to do it.  Yes, these are some of the questions that haunt us and try our patience. Jesus too had his questions for his Father.  Why did he get  up early so often to go and be alone with him?  Nevertheless, their tight relationship was strained to the breaking point when Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane snd hung on the cross in excruciating pain and feeling totally abandoned. Yet he did what he heard the Father tell him and held fast to the Father's timeline, not his own.  He is our model.  Like him we need to check in daily with the Father, asking what HE wants of us and waiting for his answer so that we can do whatever he tells us.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment