Sunday, November 14, 2010

God's Plans For Us

As the Liturgical Year winds down and a new one awaits us in two weeks, (the First Sunday of Advent is November 28th), we begin to ponder the plan of God which ends in a transformation of the world as we know it into a world of everlasting union with God, where joy, peace and love prevail. Our mission as Marists calls us to be confident in this blueprint, and to take to heart, the words of Jeremiah: "The Lord says: my plans for you are peace and not disaster; when you call to me, I will listen to you, and I will bring you back to the place from which I exiled you." (Jer 29: 11, 12-14). "When you call to me": in prayer from the depths of our hearts, in persistent prayer, even when we don't feel closeness to God, or anything, for that matter. Our desire to pray, is the beginning of prayer, and sometimes all that we can offer as prayer. Our presence to God, the movment of our will towads God, these will lead us to an understanding that all that happens from day to day is an invitation to faith, trust and hope. God wants our good. When Jesus says, "Come to me", it is a invitation to be replenished, strengthened, comforted, and loved unconditionally. We have to "call", God says, and then he will listen. It's a simple plan; it leads to our personal transformation and union with him. Call to him and while he is still near, call to him and you will be heard. Call now, call many times during the course of this Sunday. Heed his plea, "Come to me."
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment