Monday, November 8, 2010

Encounter

As you digest today's slice of Daily Bread, please pray for the Central students and faculty members who will be on an Encounter in Whittinsville, MA till Wednesday. Here is a testimony from a young man who made an Encounter in Esopus last week. Pray that such amazing gifts might be given to our students. I will not be able to post anything on Wednesday, so you might want to re-read this one and keep us all in prayer. Thank you.

" I will certainly pray for you and those from Central Catholic who will be on the Encounter. I can honestly say that it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I met so many great people, many of whom I am still keeping in touch with. Some are planning to come to New Jersey next month and we will go to the mall or even do something crazy, like snow tubing! It was such a humbling experience while, at the same time, such a relaxing and energy-infusing one.
I told people from the Encounter and my friends and girlfriend back home that I can't remember the last time I cried. I cried for 5 different reasons on the Encounter. I cried because of laughter (there was a lot of that). I cried because I was moved. I cried because I was happy. I cried because I was thankful. I even cried because of pain. (funny story involving an accidental swing of the ping pong paddle to my forehead... but that's another story)
It was no surprise to me how much love was at the Encounter. It seems like love and Esopus always go hand in hand. I have met so many great people over the years, from you and Br. Steve to countless friends from the special needs camps, retreats I've led, and now the Encounter. I wear the necklace from the Encounter all the time, and I have to say that it is one of my most cherished possessions. It represents not only the memories from the Encounter, but also all those that have been created over the years through various experiences. "
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment