Thursday, April 1, 2010

Whom Would I Invite?

If I were to sit down tonight to my "last supper", whom would I invite? The man who would betray me? The man who would deny me? The man who after three years still didn't get it? "Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you?" (Jn 14: 9). These are the folks whose feet Jesus washed, to whom he gave his body and blood, whom he commissioned to "do this in memory of me" (Lk 22: 19b). Would I have been invited? The amazing thing is that I have been! Not only are we for the next three days commemorating, reliving, the cruel and crucial events in the life of Jesus, but, because of our baptism in his death and resurrection, we are recalling our own death to sin and new life in Jesus. We are celebrating our place at the table! If we have been so honored and privileged, whom can we exclude from ours? "I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you" (Jn 15: 12).
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment