Tuesday, July 19, 2022

We Are One Family

 "Family!" — Matthew 12:46-50 (What Jesus Did!)sed

 Matthew 12: 26-30

Jesus' Mother and Brothers

46 While he was still speaking to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him. 48 But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Our families are one of our greatest gifts; we treasure them. How much more blessed are we to be invited into the family of Jesus?  The key to the door of his family is to do the will of our Father in heaven.  We pray daily as Jesus taught us: "Thy will be done on earth a it is is heaven;" may it be done in us as well.

Bro. Rene

 Loving God, we have heard the call of your Son, our faithful shepherd. May we imitate his love and compassion towards those we serve. Help us to be faithful in our responsibilities, and in our service of your kingdom. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Rev. Bob Loughery, C.S.C.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment