Thursday, July 14, 2022

Come To Me

Matthew 11: 28-30 

Jesus Is  Our Rest

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Perhaps one of the best beloved and best known passages of the entire Scriptures,  quoted often in prayer and song, it recognizes our need to focus on Jesus in the midst of our busyness, worries, sorrows and joys. As our bodies need hours of sleep each night to function properly. so too our souls, our minds our hearts, need confident and restful repose in Jesus.  We might picture ourselves as a child in his arms, or a fishing partner whose silent presence gives us strength and peace.  Let us walk with Jesus as our best friend and find renewal of spiritual and even mental and physical strength in  him.  He alone can provide what is missing..

Bro. Rene 

No comments:

Post a Comment