Monday, May 4, 2020

Laying Down His Life...Willingly

Note:  This will be my last slice of bread until Saturday, as I will be recovering from surgery at Brigham Women's in Boston.  All Shall Be Well!

We continue with the role of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. (Jn 10: 11-18),, focusing on his willingness to lay down his life for his sheep: "This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life i order to take it up again...No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own.  I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father." (Jn 10:17-18) Jesus knew the oncoming pain of the passion and death on the cross, but found joy in giving of himself.  We too can find that joy in willingly putting ourselves out for others or "laying down our lives" (in some way) for them. May we follow the example of Jesus.
Bro. Rene


No comments:

Post a Comment