Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Powerful Prayer For Unity

We continue on with the tender thoughts and feelings of Jesus in John 17. (Jn 17: 20-26). "Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying 'I pray not only for these, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father are in me and I in you, they also may be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may one in us, that the world may believe that you sent me....I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may in in them and I in them." (Jn 17:20, 26)
Think of your most intimate human relationship or friendship to get a tangible tasted of what Jesus is describing of the love he desires for us, and for us to have with one another:  to be ONE! It's a life-long task to grow in such self-less to total love for another, but it is possible and is what makes getting up each day a challenge as well as a joy.  The love of a spouse, or friend fires us up to stretch beyond our limits and fills us with a joy we cannot measure as well as inviting us to love MORE...if that is possible, we wonder.   This love is only  small fraction of the love Jesus has for us, wants for us and offers us each day. May the Holy Spirit help us find the MORE that Jesus want to share with us, and may we willingly share it with others.
Bro, Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment