Friday, May 29, 2015

Jesus Wasn't Kidding

In a very consoling and affirming word from Jesus this morning,  we have again the assurance of the power of faith and prayer.  Have faith in God. Amen, I say to your whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mk 11: 23-24).  This  theme was beautifully exemplified in the recent film, Little Boy, and I myself experienced it this week, having undergone surgery on Tuesday morning, awoken a "new man" at noon, and having come home yesterday able to walk without the pain that had plagued me for the past several months, and off and on for the past ten years!  Many people were praying for me locally, and even in Medjugorje and their prayers were answered. I felt full confidence when I met the head Operating Room nurse before receiving my anesthesia whose name is MARY.  I was assured of the presence of Mary our Good Mother throughout the surgery, and sure enough, the results speak of her healing presence.  Words of gratitude and praise fall short in proportion to the relief, joy and deepened faith I'm experiencing.   What Jesus said, he meant, he wasn't kidding. What can I return to the Lord for all that he has given to me, (and so many others)?  On that second floor of Holy Family Hospital there were many patients in far greater pain and distress than I; let us remember to pray for those who suffer from illness and believe that our prayers will help them.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment