Wednesday, April 22, 2015

"The Will of the One Who Sent Me"

As Jesus explains the great love of the Father for us, as well as his, he cannot stress enough how great that  love is, the greatest the world or universe can ever know.  He compares it to hunger, something with which all are familiar.  God hungers for us and satisfies our thirst and hunger by giving us the best food possible, the Body and Blood of Jesus.  As our Creator, God wishes to lose nothing that he has brought into being.  Jesus says, "Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me, because I came down heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day." (Jn 6: 38)  God's will is that everyone who believes in Jesus should have eternal life.  Like a magnet, God wishes to draw all of us into eternal happiness with him; yet he has given us free will and leaves the choice of counteracting that magnetic force of his love and rejecting it.  Seems senseless to do this, but we know how often we do.  With each reception of the Eucharist, may we renew our determination to believe and act on God's satisfying will and love, and pray that our wills may be more supple, compliant, and joyfully accepting of his plan and desire for us.
Bro. Rene
Note:  I will be traveling to West Virginia early tomorrow and while there may not have access to the internet.  Thus it could be that the next slice of Daily Bread be on Tuesday.  It's in God's hands and so are all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment