Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Going My Way

The title of Bing Crosby's famous movie, Going My Way, comes to mind as I prepare to leave for five weeks in Burundi and Rwanda, the next chapter in an adventure that began in late September 1995.  Little did I know when boarded that plane for the "unknown" what blessings would come my way.  Now I will have a chance to see and taste the fruits of my love and labor since that YES of 17 years ago.  I had had no intention of responding to the then Provincial Bro. Benito's request for volunteers to help the brothers in Rwanda after the Genocide.  But God had in mind a plan that took me out of "my way" into HIS way.  And I've been counting the immeasurable blessings since.
The invitation, the question, "Will you be going my way today, or yours?" is asked of all of us as we begin each day. May we respond with the same trust and generosity that Mary had and find treasures untold.  If I can offer any advice, based on my experience, it is this:  God's way leads to a new experience of him in people, places and opportunities we could never imagine or dream up ourselves.  We learn more about him, others and ourselves as well.  We think we're giving up something (our way), but we gain much, much more, by going His way. So, the advice is:  Choose God's way!
Bro. Rene
For sure there will be no slice of bread for the next few days...the trip takes till the 28th, and I'm not sure for the next five weeks whether or not  I'll have access to a computer.  But I will be filling up the loaves with new experiences to share when I return on July 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment