Thursday, July 1, 2010

God's Plan

In Psalm 19, we read, "The judgements of the Lord are true, and all of them are just." (Ps 19: 10cd). Sitting at Mass at Holy Rosary Church in Pine Ridge, South Dakota, with friends I haven't seen for seven years, and having re-familiarized myself a bit with well-known landmarks, I substituted the word "plan" for judgements, and found this verse speaking to me and to all, I hope as we look back to see the impact we've had on people and they on us throughout our lives. Never could we have devised such a plan, so true, so just, so uplifting and so holy. Later, as I got "on line" after being away from a computer since June 27, I read a message sent today from a young man I met in February at an Encounter, who is in the midst of confusion and questions, and I was able to answer him the same day he reached out for help! God's Plan!
Seeing the land that gave me such peace while I lived here and being with the people whom I love and haven't seen was such a boost that the verse from Psalm 19 just seemed to be the perfect summary of my reaction to being back here. And above that, a computer that allows me to share this with all of you...and will give you several days of access to new slices of Daily Bread...is at my disposal. We need not come to South Dakota to be made aware of the intricacies of God's customized plan for us...all we need to do is look right under our noses for the evidence of his loving care.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment