Saturday, June 26, 2010

It Is Enough

The great saints have all arrived at the point where they totally let go and put their lives in God's hands. Mary at the announciation: "Let it be done to me according to your word" (Lk 1: 38)
St. Ignatius composed a beautiful prayer which sums up his 30-day Excersises: "Lord Jesus Christ, take all my freedom, my memory, my understanding, and my will. All that I have and cherish you have given me. I surrender it all to be guided by your will. Your love and your grace are wealth enough for me. Give me these, Lord Jesus, and I ask for nothing more. Amen." Reinforcing this prayer, St. Josemaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei, prays: "Lord, I trust in you; your ordinary providence, your help each day, is all I need." Let us not look for the great miracles, but for an increase in faith, the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and the determination to live in total trust in God. That is enough.
Bro. Rene

I will be visiting folks in Oglala, South Dakota until July 15. I'm not sure about internet access, so be understanding if there is no daily slice of bread for the next two and a half weeks. I'll do my best, but again, leave it up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment