Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Seek His Face

As we proceed through this week of prayer for Christian Unity it might be helpful to remember that deep within all of us, there is an unquenchable longing for God.
"Of you my heart has spoken:
'Seek his face.'
It is your face, O Lord that I seek;
hide not your face." (Ps 27:8-9)

Another translation reads:
"My heart has heard you say,
'Come and talk with me.'
And My heart responds,
'Lord, I am coming.'
Do not hide yourself from me."

Where is the face of God, where can we talk with him if not with our neighbor, if not with the stranger, the client, the student, our own spouses and children? Have we ever realized that people might be looking into our faces to see the face of God? Can this mutual longing, common in the hearts of all of us bring people, nations, churches together? "When I found him whom my heart loves,/ I took hold of him and would not let him go." (cf. Song 3:4). May our eyes be open, may we not hide from one another, may we talk to all who cross our paths, may we willingly succumb to this deep longing for union with God who shows himself in everyone.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment