Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Adoration

In addition to "praying always", the option of taking time before the Blessed Sacrament, exposed now in many churches for adoration provides a solace and healing that cannot be experienced elsewhere. It is a time for nourishment, listening, reverence, healing, love and grace. It is a time when our hearts can commune, often without words, with Jesus, who urges us to abide in him and to let him abide in us. We don't often allow that abiding to take place in our busyness, preoccupations, worries, and plannings. There are always other people kneeling or sitting in the Adoration Chapel; their faith, their devotion, their simple presence provide inspiration to us and confirmation that this is indeed holy ground and sacred time. A man recently told me that since he's begun daily adoration, he's experienced a peace and even a new energy that he never had before. Occasionally, Jesus would say, "Come apart and rest awhile." We are all familiar with the beautiful invitation: "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for you souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." Can we not watch one hour with him, even fifteen minutes?
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment