Thursday, May 2, 2024

Remain In My Love

 

 Jn 15:9-11

True Joy

 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

These three short verses contain the formula for happiness and set the tone for post-ascension life with and in Jesus: keep his commands and remain in his love. By  doing this we will find complete and abiding joy. Not that we will be jumping frenetically for joy, but it will be a peaceful, all-encompassing joy that will be visible in our attitudes, our outlook on life and the future, and in our dealings with one another.  We will be "happy campers", a goal all of us want and seek. We find it in Jesus.  Let us renew our love for him daily through prayer and our interactions with one another.

Bro. Rene

Dear Jesus, as you love me, I love you and all who come into my life. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment