Monday, November 28, 2016

"He Was Amazed"

In today's Gospel about the cure of the centurian's servant (Mt 8: 5-11), we read that Jesus was "amazed" at the faith of the Roman which was so deep that he believed Jesus could heal his slave and and from a distance at that!  Don't even come to my house, just say the word from here.!  Yes, amazing.
Do we pray like that?  Is our faith "amazing"?  What if having prayed for months for healing, as in the case of two young men paralyzed in freak accidents over the summer, they are not so far  healed, can I come to know with certainty the love that God has for them and that what he desires and plans for them is for their greater good?  Can I say, "Lord you are answering these prayers in a way that is best for them, even if I can't see it"?
Lord, increase my faith so that like the faith of the centurion, it will amaze you.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment