Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Consecrated In Truth

Jesus prayed thus for his disciples (us included!):  "Consecrate them in the truth.  Your word is truth.  As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world.  And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth." (Jn 17: 17-19).   In Psalm 89 we read:

I will sing for ever of your love, O Lord;
through all ages my mouth will proclaim your truth.
Of this I am sure,  that your love lasts for ever,
that your truth is firmly established as the heavens. Ps 89: 1-2)

If we read sanctify, make holy, for consecrate we get a better idea of Jesus' desire for us to become who we were meant to be, and that is more like him!  What a prayer, what a calling!  And the TRUTH is that God's loving kindness endures, permeates, enlivens forever.  This is the truth that makes us free, not the falsehoods we so often fall for. When we let this truth slip from us through fatigue or "busyness" we need to catch ourselves, stop and reflect on the immensity of God's loving kindness and faithfulness to "power up" again for our mission to bring the good news of God's love to our families and communities.  Come, Holy Spirit, enkindle in us again, the fire of your love."
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment