Friday, August 30, 2013

Finding Healing

Sometimes healing comes only after despair, disgust and darkness bring us to the absolute bottom, where we cannot sink any deeper.  A desperate cry or prayer from our inmost core, along the lines of "God, I cannot take this any more; I cannot pull myself out of this hole, help me, you've got to help me, you are the only one who can," is what opens the door to a recovery, a rebirth.  Coming from these depths, all, even the simplest word or gesture, seems to bring light, joy, and tears of gratitude. When such a reversal is attributed to Jesus, the Healer, Jesus the Savior a relationship begins and grows with daily reinforcements that seem to come at random. The heart that once was satisfied with false love, now finds true love in Jesus, and enables it to receive and offer love from all others who come into an ever expanding circle of friends.
I have recently met three people who are experiencing such healing, such new life.  What joy they radiate, what hope and assurance, that even in the worst cases, healing is possible, physical, spiritual, psychological. The prophets spoke of this and Jesus makes it happen.
I will restore you to health;/ of your wounds I will heal you, says the Lord, (Jer 30:17).
I saw [my people's] ways,/ but I will heal them and lead them;/ I will give full comfort to them and to those who mourn for them,/ I the Creator, who gave them life.
Peace to the far and the near,/ says the Lord; and I will heal them. (Is 57: 18-19)
Jesus, Divine Physician, I place my wounds and those of people I know and love in your hands.  Heal them, if it be our Father's will. Amen.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment