Sunday, June 23, 2013

Who Is Jesus for Me?

I was ready to apologize for not sending a slice of bread yesterday, and lo and behold, I found what I had written giving me a chance to retry publishing it. I hope it appears on your screen today...a day late.... Day Old Bread, is still a bargain!

Today, we face the question, "But who do you say that I am?" (Lk 919) Would that there was a a website, www.whodoyousaythatIam.com, to help us answer this vital question, but it is really a matter of our personal faith...In this "Year of Faith" we have been asked to ponder this question a discover the answer deep within us. Our communities, our Church, need to answer it honestly if we are to continue the mission begun by Jesus. We are faced with challenges, indifference, bias, and subtle forms of persecution as the world around us seeks to water down the message, dissolve long-standing tradition and crush the faith of our fathers. Can we say with Peter, "The Christ of God."? (Lk 9:20). If so, what does that mean for us? Is that belief visible in our words and actions? Do we see ourselves as God's anointed bringing the good news of salvation to a hungry and distracted world? Let us take time during the day to ponder with Mary, Who is Jesus for me?
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment