Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Angel of God

Most likely the old prayer to the Guardian Angels is familiar to a great number of readers:  "Angel of God, my guardian dear,/ to whom God's love commits me here./Be ever at my side/ to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen " Today we give honor to these faithful "non-corporeal" beings who so willingly do God's bidding, who have been assingned to us from birth, and who not only protect us from disasters, but who also help us to fight temptation and enlighten us along the path that leads to God.  The Israelites experienced their protection when fleeing the Egyptians, and just last week, TWICE I should have been broadsided because I didn't see the vehicle that was in my "blind side" when I was pulling out of an intersection.  One was so close, I thought I'd definitely be hit, but the truck stopped just inches from my door; the other incident incurred endless beeping and a look of utter disbelief that I had pulled out when he was so close.  Yet, it was as if my angel, Leo, was literally there with his shield to save me.  There have been many times like this in the past.  I thank him every night that I can crawl into bed in one piece after the day's near misses of varying magnitude.  He's got his handsful with me, but faithful and  true to his mission, so far so good.  We'll have quite a meeting on the other side of the Pearly Gates someday.  If our angels are so careful in preserving us from physical harm, how much more from spiritual harm?
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment