Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Hear and Practice

 

 

 Lk 8:19-21

Jesus’ Mother and Brothers

19 Now Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. 20 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.”

21 He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”

Not to disparage his mother and brothers, but to open the door and invite all of us to be his family, Jesus gives this terse response to the announcement that his family had come to see him. It is an encouraging and consoling welcome to us and a motive to live more and more a life consonant with being part of his family. We may see ourselves as outsiders, but Jesus sees us as his brothers and sisters.

Bro Rene

Dear Jesus, thank you for seeing me as part of your family. May my life, my words and actions show my kinship with you. Amen. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment