Wednesday, September 25, 2024

A Mission Of Trust

 luke 9 images4

 Lk 9:1-6

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve

When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt. Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town. If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.” So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

Can we imagine how the Apostles felt on hearing these instructions and guidelines for their first mission?  Basically, put your life in God's hands and TRUST! As crazy as it may sound, this works! I came close to following this pattern when I walked from Assisi to Rome in 1977.  I did have a bag with a few extra clothes and I did have a bit of money, but no food and no reservations for each night. I learned, as did the Apostles, that God gives the strength for every step of the way and even takes care of "incidentals" like food and a place to sleep. I may not have worked miracles, but miracles were worked on me. I can verify by my own life that these instructions hold true to this day and I continue to try living by them.  I invite you, my readers, to try to live by them as much as possible.

Bro. Rene

Dear Jesus, help me to live in total trust that you give strength each day for every step of the way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment