Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Doing God's Will Makes Us Family

 

 Mk 3:31-35

 Brothers and Sister of Jesus

31 Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32 A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”

33 “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked.

34 Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

To be  part of Jesus's family!  What a gift, to have Mary as our mother and Jesus as our brother! All we have to do  is to accept and do God's will.  But that is quite a challenge. How do we know what God's will is, and how do we move our lazy and often reluctant wills to conform to the will of God? That's why prayer time each day, with a friend or group of friends helps and encourages us to discern God's will and do it.  We need each other, we need time for prayer with them as well as time for prayer alone with Jesus. Take a few moments to be with Jesus, and then later ask a friend to join you in prayer.

Bro. Rene

Dear God, I want to be part of your family. Help me to spend time in prayer with my brothers and sisters. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment